|News and Highlights
Working with VDOT to Bring Back the Monarchs and more! Read more about it here in the Washington Post.
Our Fall Native Plant Sale is Coming up! FMark you calendar for September 12 and stop by Morven Park, 9-3, to get plants for fall planting! Full details are here.
Need help looking at your landscaping through wild eyes? Check out our Audubon at Home Program. We can send out an Audubon at Home Ambassador to see what plantings you have and advise on great plants that will look great in your yard while also providing great habitat for our local wildlife.
Loudoun Wildlife Office Hours! Stop by for a visit or buy some books or butterfly rearing cage or whatever else you need. Our office is located at Morven Park inside the Carriage Museum.
Hours are: Fridays 10-2 and Saturdays 9-1. Our telephone number at the office is: (703) 777-2575. To find us, take the entrance at 17263 Southern Planter Ln, Leesburg, VA. Follow the driveway past the mansion. You will see the carriage museum on your left. Park in the round about and come inside or follow the signs for Administration and park in the area behind the coach house, following the walkway back down. [Note: We will not be open on July 4th due to the holiday]
We are grateful to Morven Park for providing us with this space and a terrific location that is central in the county. If you see Morven staff while you are on the ground please share our thanks, and take some time to explore the mansion and the grounds. Morven Park is one of Loudoun's great places!
Noticing lots of neat Dragonflies lately? Curious about what species you're seeing? Check out this amazing online guide to the Dragonflies of Northern Virginia. A huge thank you to Kevin Munroe for creating this guide!
Summary of Upcoming Events
- Let’s Count Butterflies! ― Saturday, August 1.
- Morven Park Nature Walk — Sunday, August 2, 8:00 a.m.
- Backyard Bats ― Friday, August 7, 7:00 p.m., Morven Park.
- Birding Banshee ― Saturday, August 8, 8:00 a.m.
- “Capturing” Nature: Beginner Photography for Kids and Families ― Saturday, August 8, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Visit Us at the Lucketts Fair ― Saturday and Sunday, August 15 & 16, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Nature Walk at Chapman DeMary Trail ― Wednesday, August 19, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Birding the Blue Ridge Center — Saturday, August 22, 8:00 a.m.
- American Kestrel and Barn Owl Nest Box Project Orientation ― Saturday, August 22, 2:00 p.m., Morven Park.
- “We’re Going Wild” Youth Nature Walk Series ― Sunday, August 23, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m., Claude Moore Regional Park.
- Spiders of Virginia: Their Lives and Times ― Sunday, August 23, 2:00 p.m., Morven Park.
- Meadows, Grasses, and Sedges, “Oh My” — Sunday, August 30, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Morven Park.
|Special Thanks to the Dulles Greenway for their generous donation from their annual "Drive for Charity"
'Tis the season to celebrate the butterflies, the bees and the wildflowers! Photo by Nicole Hamilton.
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.”
- Rachel Carson
Help Keep the Magic Alive!
Click here for more information