|News and Highlights
- Christmas Bird Count Coming Up! Join the Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy on December 29th as we participate in the National Audubon Society’s Annual Christmas Bird Count. Started in 1899, these surveys are held all over the country, with the results used to better understand bird populations and dynamics. Our count-circle has a 15-mile diameter and covers 177 square miles of Loudoun’s countryside: north to Waterford, south to Aldie, east to Ashburn, and west to Purcellville. This part of Loudoun County includes beautiful scenery and a variety of birds. Everyone is welcome; amateurs will be teamed with experienced birders. If you are interested in participating for the whole day or just part of the day, Registration required: Sign Up Online. Questions: Contact Joe Coleman at email@example.com or 540-554-2542.
- Audubon at Home Wildlife Sanctuary Program: Certify your home with us as a wildlife sanctuary! All the steps and certification guidelines are here and we can even help by sending an Audubon Ambassador to your home for consultation.
Summary of Upcoming Events
- Children's Nature Book Club — December 5, 12, 19, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Birding Hot Spots in Loudoun County — Sunday, December 8, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Birding Banshee — Saturday, December 14, 8:00 a.m.
- Winter Nature Walk — Saturday, December 14, 10:00 a.m., Morven Park
- Central Loudoun Christmas Bird Count ― Sunday, December 29
||Special Thanks to the Dulles Greenway for their generous donation from their annual "Drive for Charity"