|News and Highlights
- Save the Date & Mark Your Calendar! Martinis Matter and The Wild Thing is Coming Up! YES ~ We're doing it again: February 27th, 5:00 - 8:00 at River Creek Club in Leesburg! Like last year, we'll have live raptors...hawks and owls and others, oh my!
Join, Renew or Donate Today for 2016! Your membership makes a difference! We are member driven and your support enables Loudoun Wildlife’s advocacy for our wild friends, provides educational activities for adults and children, fosters a suite of citizen science projects, helps us cultivate native plants and support of habitat throughout the County. Your membership donation is also tax deductible and will be valid through December 2016. Click here to join, renew or donate today
- Vulture Amendment Update The vulture amendment that we alerted you to in January passed the Senate. Next it will be discussed by the House. We sent our letter to our Loudoun Delegates and will send it to the Committee to which it is assigned as well. You can make your voice heard by contacting your Delegates directly. Feel free to emphasize or use points made in our letter. The full list of delegates is here.
Summary of Upcoming Events
- Winter Waterfowl Tour East — Saturday, January 30, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Cancelled Due to Weather/Snow Conditions
- Volunteer Orientation & Opportunity Showcase ― Sunday, January 31, 1:00 pm at the Carriage Museum in Morven Park
- Morven Park Nature Walk — Sunday, February 7, 8:00 a.m.
- Winter Waterfowl Tour West — Sunday, February 7, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Birding Banshee ― Saturday, February 13, 8:00 a.m.
- Winter Explorers: A Beginner Photography Workshop for Kids and Families— Saturday, February 13, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. at Rust Nature Sanctuary.
- Bluebird Nestbox Monitoring Program Kickoff — Saturday, February 13, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., Morven Park.
- Birding the Blue Ridge Center ― Saturday, February 27, 8:00 a.m.
- Martinis Matter for Loudoun Wildlife — Saturday, February 27, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m., River Creek Club
|Special Thanks to the Dulles Greenway for their generous donation from their annual "Drive for Charity"
Brown Thrasher - a Rare bird for our area this time of year. Doing well visiting a feeder with mealworms and suet. Photo by Nicole Hamilton.
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.”
- Rachel Carson
Help Keep the Magic Alive!
Click here for more information