News and Highlights
Milkweed! It's Not Just for Your Backyard. Did you know a waystation can be in containers on your deck or in a common area in your subdivision? You don't have to do the buying or planting by yourself either. Ashburn Farm and Ashburn Village HOAs planted a community Monarch waystation and your HOA can too! Get together with your neighbors and adopt milkweed; we have experts who can assist in the planning and planting process.
Call for Volunteers: Fun at the Fair Booth! Participating in the Lucketts Fair is Loudoun Wildlife tradition — and it is volunteers who make it a success by warmly greeting visitors. Our booth will showcase the wonderful array of wildlife found in our county and include hands-on displays, informational materials, and milkweed for purchase. If you’d like to lend a helping hand at this family-friendly event (no experience necessary), please contact Kelly Senser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more volunteer opportunities here.
Native Plant Sale. Yes, it's hot but it's time to start thinking about fall plantings! Our Fall Native Plant Sale is coming up soon. Find out when and where and start planning.
Summary of Upcoming Events
- Birding Banshee — Saturday, August 13, 8:00 a.m.
- Insect Safari! a “We’re Going Wild” Family Nature Walk— Sunday, August 14, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m., Temple Hall Farm.
- Wildflowers & Pollinators — Sunday, August 14, 10:00 a.m.
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy at the Lucketts Fair —Saturday and Sunday, August 20 & 21, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monarch Butterfly Day at 868 Estate Vineyards — Saturday, August 20, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Night Wings Part II! Backyard Bats — Friday, August 26, Winmill Carriage Museum, Morven Park. 7:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Birding the Blue Ridge Center — Saturday, August 27, 8:00 a.m.
- Birds, Butterflies and Wildflowers — Saturday, September 3, 9 a.m., Blue Ridge Center.
- Native Plant Sale — Saturday, September 10, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Morven Park
|Special Thanks to the Dulles Greenway for their generous donation from their annual "Drive for Charity"
Brown Thrasher Photo by Nicole Hamilton.
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.”
- Rachel Carson
Help Keep the Magic Alive!
Click here for more information